We will likely be asking you some of these same questions:
1. Once you have mulled it over for a while and if you have the heart to change the world, contact us!
Our General information phone number is 415 851-0105 (Northern Ca.) or 626 479-2428 (Southern Ca). You can chat with one of our intake staff.
2. Attend one of our orientation and training sessions. These are usually done in small groups of 10 or less people. There is plenty of time to ask questions, get acquainted with us and maybe meet one of the individuals we serve.
3. Complete the background check and live scan process. Once your background has cleared, it is on to step 4.
4. We will send out a staff member to inspect and hopefully certify your home. We will be looking for safety hazards/precautions. We are certifying homes in good repair and expect them to be clean during the certification process. We will be checking for several things. For example; water temperature to ensure water is not scolding hot, checking furniture to ensure it is presentable and in good repair, looking at structural integrity, fire alarms, and working plumbing etc… Once the home is certified we are off to step 5.
5. Training… Yup, We will train you to have a more comprehensive understanding of person-centered planning, individual’s rights, your role as home providers and crisis intervention to name a few things… Training is mandatory, so you must be sure you can create the time to participate. Due to COVID 19, trainings are currently completed on-line using ZOOM.
You will also need to complete a brief training on CPR & First Aid. This can be done with any certified trainer or organization (Red Cross, Heart Start CPR, local hospitals etc...)
6. You will be tested on your learning and once you have proved you have a working knowledge of your responsibilities, you will be issued a home certification to show off for your friends and family.
7. Last of all, we will begin the search for a match between the home providers and individuals we serve.